Monday, August 14, 2006

Up, up and away! Well, alas, here we are! We are just 3 days away from our departure. As early as first thing this morning I was calm. For some reason, right around 10AM I freaked out! Oh my! This is really happening. Indeed.

My hope is that we are able to keep you up to date as our journey continues. Realizing that we're in China, we never know for sure if our 'blogging' will make it out of there. Here is a brief look at our timeline.

Depart JFK 3:45PM Thursday, August 17th on Cathay Pacific
We arrive in Hong Kong Friday night the 18th at 8PM.
We will relax in Hong Kong for the weekend. Just Suzy, David, Ethan and Nana Jeanne. (Suzy's mom)
On Monday, the 21st we fly to Nanning China in the Guangxi province. Sutton is in the First Institute of Yulin. They will bring her to us on Tuesday.

THE BIG DAY! AUGUST 22, 2006. Mark your calendar. When you wake up in the morning, I'm hoping to have at least one photo on here for you to see! It will be night time by then. We meet her at 3:30pm. While you're sleeping, we're meeting! Smile!

As our trip continues thru Nanning, Guilin and Guagnzhou I will again try to post pictures and tell stories. As of right now, we are scheduled to come home on September 4th (Labor Day) barring any complications. (We have been told repeatedly to be FLEXIBLE).

So, as I have learned at almost 40 years old (ugh) life is all about plan B. (That and life is what happens when you're making other plans). So we take off, and bid you Adieu. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Here we come Sutton Elizabeth!